Thursday, June 17, 2004

Infomerical

I watched a really enteraining infomercial this morning. It was a twelve-disc "Legends" set with tons of old songs, and the ad was hosted by Roger Daltrey and some random woman. Hearing some of the songs made me wish I was in my thirties and forties so I could have been around when these songs were new.

Some bands today just depress me. Whatever happened to good music, you know, where people actually sang lyrics and not "I push my fingers in my eyes its the only way I can FEEEEEELLLL" with loud screechy voices? Or the music where you could really feel the heart and soul of the band?

Today any idiot can get signed to a label. I'm not insulting any bands out there (wait, yes I am. I'm just not naming any.), but listening to true rock of the '60s and '70s and then hearing the digitally altered crap of today makes me wonder what happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home